AMA with Sasha 4/8/23
Another week, another AMA session with the Waves’ founder Sasha Ivanov. This week, Sasha has prepared some updates on the ecosystem progress, answered lots of questions and had a live dialogue with the community members. This is a short recap, the full recording of the weekly AMA from 4/8/23 can be found here.
- Just a reminder that the XTN swap for L2MP started last week.
- The new Pepe Team wrapped WAVES tokens are available now.
- Some of you have already noticed the relocation of the old gateway collateral. What does this mean? Non-exchange users will most likely have to swap your tokens, while exchanges will swap automatically.
- Waves DAO is already running and many projects that have received funding are being launched, such as Axly.
- There is news about how the POWER tokens buyback will take place. 5% of WAVES that Waves DAO receives from miners will be used to buy back POWER tokens! The bought back tokens will be sent to miners already staked, so that they could take part in the voting.
Q & A
Q: When will the WX launchpad be available?
Sasha: I think some projects will be launched on Puzzle and Swop.Fi first, I have some ideas about the WX launchpad that are worth discussing with the team first.
Q: Is 6 months an accurate timeline for L2 blockchain implementation?
Sasha: This is a realistic timeframe, but I think it can be implemented faster.
Q: Is there any news about NSBT?
Sasha: I think we should focus on XTN as we are now actively working to increase its value, which in turn will help NSBT as well.
Q: How is the L2 blockchain development going?
Sasha: It is being developed quite rapidly. We have an opportunity to use EMV practices with Ethereum blockchain. As soon as the litepaper is published, I think the situation with it will be much easier to understand.
Q: What should we expect from the upcoming epoch of Waves DAO?
Sasha: First of all, we should make the distribution of rewards, given that there will be no slashing, it will happen in the first half of August. After that, slashing will be active in the next epoch.
Q: Any news about withdrawals from v1 markets on Vires?
Sasha: It is likely that we will open XTN vesting for v1 markets, which can be exchanged for L2MP for instant withdrawal.
Q: The price reflects the demand for the token, accordingly there is no demand for L2MP right now?
Sasha: Not exactly. L2MP doesn't have its basic utility implemented yet. At the moment the token has only one form of utility, and that is staking. At the same time, token emission is extremely high (Vires withdrawals, huge staking interests, XTN swaps), hence the difference between supply and demand. And it will be resolved with the release of mining, which is the main token utility. But we want to give XTN holders the opportunity to capitalize on the initially high yield of staking.
Q: Are you still planning on doing a POWER drop for SURF holders?
Sasha: Yeah, I think it could be done after the completion of the first epoch of Waves DAO.
Q: When will PETE appear on the Ethereum Blockchain?
Sasha: Pepe Team is now getting ready for the release of unified stablecoins, I think we can expect a PETE gateway after that.
Q: When can developers expect to be able to start development on the L2 EVM?
Sasha: I would say, realistically, in November.
Tune in every Friday, 10:00 a.m. EST to learn the latest news and updates on the Waves ecosystem first-hand, directly from the Waves mastermind, Sasha!